Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where's my Teddy Bear?

Hello everyone, I'm on the other side now! I'm still in the hospital ,will hopefully be going home tomorrow morning, otherwise I might lose my mind!

Just a quick overview, and I'll write more tomorrow when I get home :)
The surgery went well, it took about 5 1/2 hours. When my surgeons woke me up in the recovery room the first thing that I asked for was my teddy bear, "Bear Guy," which they thought was hilarious. But they went out to my parents and brought him back to me...I spent last night and this morning in a Step-down ICU, which was wonderful with all the attention from the nurses. I never waited more than a couple minutes for anything, they stayed on top of my pain meds, so, yes, they were treating me like royalty Carrie! The regular unit isn't so great...I've given up on calling the nurses for stuff and just have my parents unhook me so I can go to the bathroom and everything. The nurses are really nice, they just have so many more patients to care for. I've mostly stuck with drinking water today, though I had a crushed up Popsicle this evening :) the hospital food just isn't at all appetizing!

I'll write more tomorrow once I'm home and everything!

Much love and best wishes, Stefane

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Sounds like you're doing great and that everything went well! Glad to hear it and looking forward to hearing more about everything when you're feeling up to it!

    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete