Sunday, December 20, 2009

Days 4 & 5

Hi everyone! I'm still doing well, getting through and trying to stay in good spirits :)

Here are some of the expected and unexpected things that I have experienced through my recovery:

Swelling- Expected, but I didn't expect it on my neck and under my chin! Under my chin is still really, really swollen, even more than my cheeks.

Bruising- I bruise fairly easily, so I expected more bruising than I have, though I noticed more today than I noticed yesterday, so that might continue to get worse...I also have a lot of bruising around my eyes. It look like I was punched!

Numbness- Everything below my eyes is very tingly, and I get random nerve spasms all day long, except for my bottom lip and chin, which is completely numb. It's really annoying when I'm trying to eat, drink, or even just not drool (which I'll be going into in a minute...) and I can't feel anything!

The DROOLING- I knew that there might be some trouble with dripping food on myself because of numbness, but I didn't expect the constant drooling! Because of the swelling, my lips don't close together, so there it is-a constant annoyance. I'm keeping a washcloth with me at all times, even when I'm walking around, because if I don't I look down at my shirt and it's covered in drool...

Trouble breathing- My nose is clear, but it seems like my throat is coated in mucus and I feel like I can't breath. I cough and everything is loose, but I can't cough hard enough to cough anything up...

Trouble sleeping- I didn't think that I would have any trouble sleeping, I usually sleep well even if I'm sick or injured, but not now! The breathing issue seems to be the major reason I'm having trouble sleeping at night. Ii takes me awhile to fall asleep, and then I wake up a few hours later...the only time I'm really getting some good sleep is between 6 and 11am.

Overall, I'm doing well. I spend a lot of time trying to get calories in and a lot of time resting- I walk around and stuff when I have the energy, but I'm tired more then I'm not. My best friend and her fiance are here for the night, so spending time with her is keeping me in good spirits!

Tip: Taking a shower feels amazing!! I take a long one every afternoon, and it just makes me feel so much better!

Hope everyone is doing well,
<3 Stefane

No comments:

Post a Comment