Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 7...maybe I'll finally get some sleep

Day 7 didn't start out so well, I was up really early because I couldn't sleep (again...even with Advil PM...)

My mom asked me if I wanted to go get my nails done, since she was going in for a fill. I thought about if for a minute, and decided to go get a pedicure. It was the first time I would actually be out in public (except for my OS appointment)...I was a bit apprehensive, but I'm not a regular at the nail place, so I figured what the heck, let's do it! Be prepared, the first time you go out in public, you will get strange looks...especially if you still look like a balloon, are yellow and purple all over, and have tiny band-aids on each side of your face :) My mom told the lady doing my toes that I had just had jaw surgery, so she didn't ask me questions or try to get me to talk, which was very nice-plus she let sit in the massage chair while my polish was drying, instead of having me move to one of the regular chairs by the drying light/fan thing.

On the way home we stopped at the DMV (a place I would avoid even when I'm not 1 week post-op from double jaw surgery) because I needed to renew my license plates. My mom had to run out to the car to grab something she'd forgotten, and the lady at the counter kept asking me, my family has gotten pretty good at understanding me, but she could not understand half of what I was saying! And she just kept asking and re-asking questions! I was starting to get really frustrated when my mom came back (mind you she was gone for less than 3 minutes...)

By the time we got home I was tired, so I had a smoothie and some couscous and watched TV for awhile. I know I really didn't do much (sit in a massage chair and be pampered) but just that little jaunt out of the house was enough to tire me out!

Since I still wasn't sleeping well, I decided to have my mom fill the prescription for Ambien my OS prescribed on Monday. And, I actually slept last night! I was up for a while early in the morning, but that's because I was coughing really hard...

Has anyone else experienced chest congestion and coughing after the surgery? My OS has me taking a decongestant (to help clear up my nose and sinuses), but that seems to be draining everything into my throat and chest, and then I cough...luckily I can open my mouth as much as I can, because I'm coughing up mucus and it's really gross, but I can spit it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment