Friday, December 18, 2009

Home at last!

Hi all!

I'm out of the hospital and at home, thank goodness! I don't think I'll be able to update all at once, so here's an overview of the first 24 hours:

5:30am-arrive at the hospital, go through pre-admitting stuff
6:15- get taken back to pre-op, change into gown and get IV put in. After I was changed and everything they let my parents come back to sit with me before I was taken to the OR at about 7:30.
I don't remember much after they brought me to the OR...they had given my some relaxation stuff through my IV so I was already floating! The surgery started at about 8am.
I was moved to the ICU at about 2pm (I think...) and was in and out for a few hours. I remember asking for water and ice chips, which really seemed to help with the dryness in my mouth. However, it was so difficult to swallow! I had a tube going through my nose and into my stomach to drain the blood, which helped with the nausea, but made it even more difficult to get liquids down...
I didn't sleep much the first night...not because of pain or anything, but just because I was uncomfortable and people were always in and out of the room. I did have a catheter in, so I didn't have to even think about getting up to go to the bathroom or anything, which was nice...

Alright, I'm going to take a nap now, I'm pretty exhausted! I'll try to post again later (with pics of my balloon face) when I have a bit more energy!

<3 Stefane


  1. I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay! Everyone is getting their surgeries over the holidays. Mine is in the summer so I have a way to go... can't wait though. Make sure to keep us posted with your recovery and some pictures. I will pray for you. :)
    Love and Support Always, Makay
    BTW do you have to have a catheter? I don't think I want one.... thanks. :)

  2. I'm just so glad to be out of the hospital!
    Not everyone gets a catheter...I'd ask your OS what he does. Some people have them during surgery, but they get taken out before you wake up. Mine was in until the next morning when I was moved to a regular floor...

    Thanks for all the support, and I'll make sure to keep you updated!