Saturday, December 19, 2009

Final Catch-up Post!

So, I was released from the hospital on Friday morning...

My OS came by to see me about 6am, he said that I was doing well, and as long as I was drinking and walking around he'd go sign my discharge papers :) I asked him then about giving me pills rather than liquid meds, and he said we could talk about it when I stopped by the office on my way home...

I had a last dose of IV antibiotics and a shot of some type of steroid (to help with the swelling) at around 8am. My mom arrived about 8:30 and I told her that I was going home! By 10am I had the darn IV out of my arm, was dressed in an actual shirt, wearing shoes, and waiting for the wheelchair!

On the way home we had to stop by the OS office to have some post-op x-rays done (making sure everything is exactly where they wanted it to be) and to see the OS. The x-rays were tough...I had to stand really still, and there wasn't much to steady me, but they turned out okay! I then saw my OS, he was very happy with my x-rays, but not very happy with me asking for pills...he said he would give me a prescription for them, but I would likely have to use the liquids for a few days...THAT SO WASN'T HAPPENING!! I absolutely despise liquid meds- they taste gross and they make me gag. I've been successfully taking antibiotics and pain meds in pill form since I got home :D

I was exhausted by the time I got home, so I ended up taking a nap. When I woke up I took my meds, walked around some, and got tired again...I was really wiped out! I watched a movie with my family in the evening (and fell asleep during it...) and then went to bed. While it was much easier to sleep at home, I still didn't sleep well last night. Ar first I felt like I couldn't breath...my nose wasn't stuffy or anything, it just felt like my throat was clogged with icky. I slept for a few hours...woke up to take some meds, then back to sleep for a few hours...woke up and thankfully fell back to sleep quickly, then my mom woke me up around 7am to get more meds in me...

I haven't really napped at all today, just dozed a little, so maybe I'll be able to sleep better tonight! Coming up: Day 4, and what is with the drooling????

<3 Stefane

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing well. You will be feeling better soon. Many people say that between day 4 and 5 they see a HUGE improvement (especially in the swelling). Thanks for keeping us updated. I will pray for your recovery. :)
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete