Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 8...up and down

Yesterday wasn't a bad day, but it wasn't really a good day either.

I went with my mom when she went to run some errands, and we ended up stopping at the grocery store on the way home She was going to go later, but it was snowing and the roads were still decent, so we decided it might be better to stop then. So, after walking around (and scaring small children) for 45 minutes, I was pretty tired when we got home.

I had some re-fried beans mixed with cheese for lunch, and that was yummy! I tried to have some potato soup for dinner, but it was really spicy (and I don't like spicy) so I only ate a little bit. I just wasn't really hungry yesterday...hopefully I'll be hungry today, we eat our big Christmas meal on Christmas Eve, so tonight's the night for my modified feast :)

I decided to use MucinexDM to try to help with my congestion and coughing, so I took that last night and I'll take it again in a little while. I was still up coughing for awhile this morning, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was the night before.

I'm starting to wonder how much my speech is influenced by the swelling and how much by the splint...I'm sure the swelling has some impact, but how much? Will I be talking like this for the next 5 weeks (when I get my splint out)? Or will I be more understandable by the time I go back to school in 2 weeks (Yikes!!)? My mom thinks I'm talking better, but I think she's just getting better at understanding me, because it is really hard to talk! It's not painful (a little uncomfortable when I say more than a few words...) my tongue just doesn't know where to go, and it trips over the splint, and I can't really open my mouth to enunciate...so I guess we'll see!

Pictures from Day 8:





That's all for now. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

<3 Stefane

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    Merry Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas. I hope you got to enjoy a nice modified version of festive dinner. Your photos looks great; huge improvement with the swelling and your skin looks very healthy!
    I too had some coughing, but I would imagine it's more common with upper jaw? I'm not sure...I was worried that I was getting a cold and with the elastics at night, that would be an absolute disaster. I took some Cold FX and started downing O.J. and it's become better.
    My speech is better everyday, but wears down at night when my jaw tires. I find people understand me better as each day goes by, but obviously it's a noticeable thing. I'm just trying to embrace it as best as possible. For example, I had an unrelated medical appointment the other day and the lady had no clue what I was saying and then proceeded to ask about my wisdom teeth. Sheesh!
    At the end of the day, you're looking very good for a girl who had jaw surgery!! Seriously. It hasn't even been two weeks and aside from the bruising, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete