Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 11

I wanted to post this morning, but my computer blue-screen-of-death-ed me, all better now (hopefully)!

I was tired yesterday. I wasn't down in the dumps or anything, my body just wanted rest, so I spent a lot of time watching movies and reading. On the plus side of being tired, I slept through the night last night!!! Eight entire hours! Uninterrupted! I was very pleased when I woke up and my clock said 7 am...in case you couldn't tell!

I updated on everything yesterday, so today I'm going to talk about "food" and some of the stuff that has tasted good to me since my surgery.

Cream of Chicken Soup with Cream cheese mixed in- this is actually the sauce for a chicken dish that I like. It was the fist savory thing I "ate" after surgery, and it just felt so good to have something thick in my stomach.

Mac and Cheese- this doesn't blend well, but I used one of those food choppers (like this: http://www.amazon.com/Kitchenaid-Cook-Cure-Pink-Chopper/dp/B002R243U2) on the noodles and that worked well.

Refried Beans and Cheese- it would be better with chips, but...it was still pretty good.

Mashed potatoes- whipped with milk and cheese!

Chop Suey- I don't like the meat, so I had the broth on couscous (I usually eat it with rice, but couscous is smaller). This was a little messy, but it was different.

Cookies- it's Christmas, how could I not figure out a way to eat my mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies? I put a couple cookies in a plastic baggie and crushed them up. Then I mixed the cookie crumbles in with some milk. :)

All this talk of food has made me hungry, so I'm going to go mash up some mango for a snack!

<3 Stefane

No comments:

Post a Comment