Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Face. (Day 18)

Hey All! Happy New Year! I can't believe December is over...I still look at my countdown clock and am a little shaken when I see the phrase "since my jaw surgery" and it's been 2 1/2 weeks!

I'm starting to get ready to go back to school...though I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. On one hand I can't wait to get back there and see my friends, but I don't know if I'm ready to be back to "normal life" I still get tired really easily, after a trip to the mall (lasting less then 2 hours) this afternoon I came home and took a nap! So, I'm just going to have to take it easy and listen to my body.

Updates:

Sleeping- I'm sleeping much better than I was even a few days ago. I haven't taken the Ambien in 5 nights, and I usually sleep for about 7 1/2 hours then I wake up and take some Motrin, then I go back to sleep for 3 hours! I'm still sleeping slightly propped up, but I am sleeping on my side!

Bruising- The bruising is almost gone, there's just some yellowing left along my jaw line and on my neck. It's hardly noticeable, unless you're me or my mom! Today I was getting some new mineral powder at the MAC store and the lady put two different shades on my face, one on each side, but then we couldn't decide which one because of the yellowness :)

Pain- I'm still taking Motrin about every 5-7 hours and that seems to control the pain for the most part. Sometimes my face starts throbbing or there's just a general soreness.

Sneezing- OW OW OW!!! I've sneezed twice in the past 24 hours, and it hurts!!

Numbness- The feeling in my lower lip is definitely returning, it tingles and I can feel cold! However, my chin is still completely numb. More of my face feels normal, but a good portion (pretty much from my eyes right down the middle of my face) is still tingly...

Eating- It can still get pretty messy! Sometimes I do really well and just get a little bit of food on the washcloth, but other times 25-50% of the food ends up there...but it's getting better. Also, I'm drinking out of a cup all of the time now (which usually has the result of water dripping down my front, so I still use a washcloth), so no more syringes!

Swelling- I still feel (and think that I look) very puffy...here are my Day 18 pictures:





Other than that, I'm doing pretty well! I'm getting out of the house more and no longer scare small children :p Things are getting better and I'm looking forward to the (still far off) day when I'll get this splint out of my mouth!

Best Wishes to everyone!

<3 Stefane

No comments:

Post a Comment