Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scar Tissue

As I mentioned in my post after my teeth cleaning, I had one little cavity. I got that little cavity filled today...and the scar tissue from the surgery was a bit of a problem. Since the cavity was on one of my bottom back teeth, the novicane had to be injected right around the incision. So, my dentist had trouble getting the needle where he needed it to go. That, plus the nerve issues I'm still having, led to THREE novicane injections before I was finally numb. I've probably mentioned before that I hate needles, and it was painful! My poor dentist felt so bad, because on the third one the pain shot down into my chin and lip and I basically started crying.

Now that I'm starting to get the feeling back, I can feel the tightness in my jaw I always had after dental work/novicane, but it's even worse. I popped a couple of Ibuprofen and laid down with that side of my face on an ice pack, which seems to have helped a lot.

I'm packing so that I can leave for Hawaii in the morning (yay!!!!), but I wanted to share the troubles to scar tissue with all of you.

<3 Stefane

No comments:

Post a Comment